Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brithday's

We just got back from Texas this weekend for a whirlwind trip. Matt was down in Houstan for training on Friday so the kids and I rented a car for the day and went and visited some of our friends. We had an absolute blast seeing everyone. We went to King first so I could visit with Mica, Mary, Amie, Julia, Mrs. Dorothy, Kyoko, Torro, Marisa, Dolores, Evette, said hi to Tammy, Tamra, and Lisa. Missed a few. We are going back down in two weeks to see my niece Michele get baptized. She turned 8! Erik and her share the same birthday's a year apart. He got a basketball goal and basketball so we are going to have lots of fun. Dallin had his birthday on the 11th and he turned 6. They are growing up so fast. Our next family birthday is Bryon. It is funny but kinda sad his birthday is usually put on the back burner after the 3 January birthday's. But we got him a cool present for this year and we hope he likes it a lot.

A very sad thing happened this past week. The Cowboy's lost to the Giants. My husband has not been the same since. Poor guy, but NASCAR is coming up and they are doing trial runs so hopefully that will lift his spirits. We will watch the SuperBowl but I am sure it will be quite melancholy.

On another topic, my side of the family has a Sunday chat and this last one we finally got the web cam to work and had a great time. The kids really showed off to the family. It was really fun "seeing" everyone. Grandma also let me know she found my blog page which is really cool, so hopefully I will see some posts from her too. I have really got to figure out how to find other peoples blogs. Well off to exercise. Talk to everyone soon.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy but fun weekend. I think it's always nice to be able to go and see old friends...even if it's just a quick visit. Marcus and I have a birthday card for Erik but have yet to send it...SORRY BUDDY! We'll get it out ASAP. Do we have your new OK address? I think so but I'll check to make sure. Marcus has also been sad about the cowboys loss...poor boys.