Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday is a special day!!!

Yeah I finally got to sleep in!!! Saturday's are awsome. Well I got up and did my routine and the others got up here and there. We had some friends of Erik and Erin stay the night after a busy day yesterday. LaTitia came over and helped me with some of the candy making for the Valentines dinner/movie night next Saturday. Michelle and I took a trip to walli world till midnight and got all of the stuff for the centerpieces, we are having to be quite creative. I will post pictures of them after the dinner. I still have to put together the temple slide show and those attending still have to vote on the movie to watch. I can't wait. We are having BBQ!!! Yumm.

The weather here has been nice and the kids have been playing outside the last couple of days and Danny came in yesterday and was covered in dirt from head to toe and it was caked on his feet. LOL it was so cute. Even the dirt on his nose and hands took forever to clean off. He is such a boy! Mike, Erik and Erin are doing really good in school and having fun with all of their activities. Erik also got a new recorder from school and absolutely loves it (driving me nuts though the ears can only handle so much) But it is nice to hear him want to practice.

Another thing going on is some one thought of reading the BOM in 97 days in honor of President Hinckley who passed away 2 weeks ago. It started Feb 4 and is ending in May. I took the challange and if anyone else does here is the link http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/index.php?newUser=true. Another thing is a story about the song that was sung at his funeral. It was quite moving and I really enjoy hearing the story behind the music, it makes it so much more meaningful. Here is the link to it if you would like to read it. http://68.142.200.12/us.f350.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?mid=1_1094_AM9Ev9EAAQBQR6xyJwBlS2rO3oU&fid=Inbox&pid=2.1&tnef=&clean=0&redirectURL=http%3A%2F%2Fus.mg1.mail.yahoo.com%2Fdc%2Fvirusresults.html%3Ffrom%3Ddownload_response%26ui%3Diframe%26YY%3D1202585416155%26&cred=tbTfngt9SMwObp.JkXIasi0l.mAQsVe7u0grjUVsTh7hf7JTLiSOWuO60R4qYuIbsZw8yOyPLVTPZtyJ6LwIeoSdj1LbrzwBeco.ONOSQbZNfZA-&ts=1202585419&partner=ymail&sig=AHlylmfWmtgGFplgmF9IyQ--

I am trying to figure out how to add the pdf file of the music. But the song is called What Is This Thing That Men Call Death. So if any one who reads my blogs knows how to do this let me know. Thanks

4 comments:

Anna said...

I'm so jealous that you guys have been having good enough weather for the kids to go outside and play in. Oh...one day it will be warm enough to do that here.

Mindy said...

Hey! Sounds like you are just as busy as usual. Things are rockin' and rollin' here as well. My grandmother has tons of drs. appointments out here for the next three weeks so we are going to have lots of company on top of life in general. But, we wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, it is YOU that I tagged. Just list your middle name and think of a word that describes you for each letter. Hey, I had to pick someone:) Talk soon!

Taryn M. Teves said...

Hey Big Sis,

Well I finally found your blog and your page is soooo cute. The kids look really good. I enjoyed reading all of your posted and comments and your still just as social as always! :)

P.S. Hey send me one of those cookies!! YUM YUM

Anna said...

Dawn, I love what you did at the top of your blog with the photo of the card! Totally cute!