Thursday, October 16, 2008

Family Traits

Well we just got back from a wonderful trip from Texas to bless our newest member of the family James. We had such a great time, and it also gave us the opportunity to do a few other neat things. We were able to totally surprise one of my closest friends for her birthday...and I mean a total surprise. Which Marcy, Bryon, Charlie, Val, and Valarie, Marie and Scott were such keys in that event. We had such a great time with everyone who came. I have to add that the PTA group was a hoot, and so glad to finally meet them. It was really nice to catch up with Candy (sorry about your daughter getting sick, but glad she is ok now) and Cynthia, and Tom, the Lawsons. The only thing is that Shannon's baby shower was the same night and would have loved to gone to that too, but I did get to see her the next day. We were also able to get some family pictures done, have Thanksgiving (YUM), great pies thanks to Adam and The Pooles, and double kudos for the Fudge Anna. We celebrated birthday's which is so weird because the babies are turning 5!!!! Hello, that is soooo old. And the new babies are almost 2!!! They are growing up so fast. It was so nice to see Marcus and Anna. It is so hard for them to be there now and us to be gone...but it will work out. What was interesting is to see all of the cousins together again and notice how freakish it is that they all look alike!! I did that look-a-like meter thing a couple of months ago and it would be interesting to see how much the kids look like each other. There is an on going joke about how the kids "looks" got mixed up and how each couple should have different kids. It was fun to be there. I also got to catch up with some of my old co-workers and see our dog Gabbie, that we gave to our old neighbor who has absolutely spoiled her rotten. We are sooo glad she is happy and well.

Side note, my picture thingy isn't working so I will post pictures as soon as I figure out what went wrong. I think it was because I was trying to send them too. But any who, I will post them post haste.

No comments: