Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ode to Texas

Oh we are packing, happily packing, washing load upon load, socks all matched, shoes which ones do we need, church, sneakers, sandals. Two days away, two days away, off we will be on the plane, no liquids in the purse, so pack in baggies, don't want the worst. Five days of stay, holy cow the clothes and those dear suit cases will pay. The plans we have made, to visit family and friends, blessing a baby and play. We have been counting down the days to go back to Texas and oh we can't wait, two more days, two more days!

5 comments:

Tara Brooks said...

HIP HIP HORAY!!! I can't wait. After having the kids home early all week, I am SERIOUSLY going to need our night out! Travel safely!

Mindy said...

So what day do we get to see you??? I have my stamproom all set up and ready to play if you have a moment. I'll be gone this weekend but will be home Sunday!! Email me!!

Kaja said...

you're lucky to be able to go on a mini-trip! i think i'm going to have to just take off sometime and leave matt to his studies..haha...

Anonymous said...

You are very creative! I love your poem! Have a great trip!

Kristin said...

I hope that you are enjoying your time here with your family. I just got a message from my friend Heidi Toomer, she said that you are in the same ward. Heidi and I went to High School together - small world! Enjoy your trip.